For more information, contact:
SAN MATEO, CALIFORNIA, December 7, 2015 –– Rozo Systems, a leading provider of software-defined scale-out NAS storage solutions, announced today that version 2.0 of its RozoFS scale-out NAS software has been released. The new release delivers increased performance and data integrity plus it introduces new functionality that improves the ease-of-use of RozoFS.
RozoFS is a true scale-out NAS that delivers high performance on all data sizes, a crucial requirement in many applications, including media and entertainment and high performance computing. Its superior performance is associated with a disruptive erasure coding technology that works on files of all sizes. The key new features of RozoFS version 2.0 include:
“Over the last year, we have engaged with many customers resulting in a better understanding of the market requirements,” notes Pierre Evenou, CEO of Rozo Systems. “The new RozoFS release improves on our market-leading performance and incorporates new functionalities based on the feedback we received from customers. The focus is on making our software easier to deploy and on delivering key new functionality while maintaining our performance leadership in software-defined scale-out NAS.”
- 128-bit erasure coding: Boosts the encoding/decoding performance by leveraging the 128-bit instructions of the x86 processors. The result is throughput of 10 GB/s on 4KB blocks.
- Local auto-repair: Supports the auto-repair (‘self healing’) of one failed disk on the other disks of the same storage node, preserving the redundancy level for each file.
- Quota per user and per group: Implements a familiar Linux-like quota feature. Enforcement can be configured on the fly and accounting is always on.
- Multi-access modes: Supports three modes simultaneously: hierarchical access, the relative mode (parent/child) and the direct mode. The direct mode bypasses the metadata server for increased performance.
- Data integrity and self-healing: Protects each block on disk with a CRC32-C checksum, eliminating all error sources between disk and application. In case of data corruption, RozoFS repairs the faulty block on the fly.
- Geo-replication: Addresses the case where fewer than four sites are available. The geo-replication is always asynchronous with a configurable replication rate. By default it operates in Active/Standby mode, with Active/Active also supported.
- Metadata optimization: Improves metadata operations significantly by introducing time and space notions in the metadata structure. For example, RozoFS creates files at a rate of 38,000 files/sec per export. RozoFS also comes with popular Linux tools such as “find“ that has been adapted to RozoFS’ metadata structures. It enables indexing rates that exceed one million i-nodes per second; higher rates can be achieved when time is given as input criteria.
- Split of the data and metadata flows: Avoids slow-downs of metadata operations (SSD) under heavy data (HDD) read/write loads.
- 256K I/O support: Provides better performance for sequential access and limits the randomness at disk level.
About Rozo Systems
Rozo Systems is a leading provider of software-defined scale-out NAS storage solutions. Its RozoFS product delivers real-time performance, high resiliency and low cost for petabytes multi-user storage systems. The core of its patented technology is a unique erasure coding algorithm with unmatched performance. It runs on any standard x86 servers powered by Linux. To achieve this mission, Rozo Systems benefits from an experienced team that combines talents from the high-tech industry and research labs.
RozoFS is a trademark of Rozo Systems SAS. All other tradenames and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.